Monday 5 March 2018

Copetown Show 2018

This past weekend, my dad, brother, and I attended the annual train show at Copetown, ON, known for being more of a showcase of modeling talent than of the more common flea-market type. This year was no different, with many models displayed by local modelers, an operating S-scale layout, and several photo and model scenery vendors. The weather was perfect with clear blue skies, so we turned up early in order to take in some railfanning before the show, though CN was a bit less cooperative than desired with only CN 385 making an appearance (photo angles a bit less than desirable). Still, it was a great chance to talk with old friends and make some new ones. I'll let the photos do the talking...

Cheers,
Peter.

The operating S-scale layout took me back to the days of bringing a step-stool in order to be able to see the action!

Stephen Nichol displayed some very nice weathered CN locos, though my favourite is easily the OSR RS-18u.

Roger Chrysler displayed some of his outstanding Grand River Railway/Lake Erie & Northern models.
To me the Rapido table was the highlight of the show, with plenty of eye candy on display. The second group of 3800 CF hoppers have recently arrived at the Rapido headquarters, with the SW1200RS's about 3-4 weeks away.

Both my dad and I are eagerly waiting the arrival of the SW1200RS's.

CN 385 grinds up the last mile of the hill to Copetown with 12,000' of train and four screaming engines on the head end.

No comments:

Post a Comment