Monday 20 October 2014

Track Plan

I took a few minutes on the weekend to sketch a trackplan of the layout. I tried to create one digitally in paint or Powerpoint but that proved to be nothing more than an exercise in frustration; I'll revisit that another day... Anyway, the attached is a somewhat-freehand pencil drawing that shows all track planned and in place. I'd estimate that the trackwork is about 70% done, with the balance to be laid on the east (bottom in the sketch) spur, grain elevator tracks and the shop area. The names of some of the tracks and industries have been added in Photoshop. I'll create another post later on to describe the industries to be modeled and car types/switching operations. 


At the moment, the plan is to have the trackwork on the spur and grain elevator completed within two weeks, and if that goes according to schedule, some photos will follow. I can't wait to get down to switching cars! The track gang is still assembling materials and completing the final details for the shop area and roundhouse. A turntable has been acquired and the next step will be to cut a hole in the plywood to mount it. From there, the trackwork details can be ironed out. I'll have to remember to have a gold spike ceremony once the last one is driven in; until then, thanks for stopping by...

Cheers,
Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment